Thursday, July 12, 2007

Rough Water, Wildlife, Realism, Pelican

"Rough Water (Pelican)"
11 x 14 inches
Acrylic on hardboard
SOLD

I created this painting a few years ago-- from some photos I took at the Fort Pierce inlet. It began as a palette knife painting. But then I got into the brush work applied over the cool textures that the knife made. I love the hard rocks against the feathers, and all of that against the moving water. I wanted to make all those contrasts stand out. This is one of those paintings that I just got carried away with and kept adding more and more detail.


Click here to see my gallery pages!

Email me at: fmcneillbarr@gmail.com for availability and/or information about having your own custom painting created. 

Click here to see what others say about my work!

2 comments:

Lori McNamara said...

This one is superb Fawn! I like yesterday's real well too.

bj said...

Yes, I love the detail!