Sunday, August 19, 2007

Quiet Time, Impressionism Landscape, Daily Painting.

"Quiet Time"
9 x12 inches
Acrylic on hardboard
(ready to frame)
$650.00


This is an older Daily Painting that I did last December. The title refers to prayer time. Nature has a way of reminding me to thank God for things.

This was an experimental painting. Thick over very thin and some "erasing." I used a subtractive method. First I stained the board with light warm tones, and let it dry. Then I added the dark colors and I wiped out the tree trunks with a small wet brush so the stained colors would show up as tree trunks. Then I added the thick highlights. I like the effect.

Click here to see my gallery pages!

Email me at: fmcneillbarr@gmail.com for availability and/or information about having your own custom painting created. 

Click here to see what others say about my work!

1 comment:

bj said...

I love the effect in the tree trunks! Just beautiful. Thanks for sharing your techniques.