Friday, September 14, 2007

Little Blue, Plein Air, Birds

"Little Blue"
8 x 10 inches
Acrylic on gessoed board

The water level is very low, and the rocks make interesting patterns. Usually we just get a few of the rocks showing above the water. The little blue heron stayed off to the far right most of the morning, and just before I finished up, the water turkey (anhinga) poked his head up a few times (near the bottom).
I love all the colors and the rhythm in this painting, but I may go back and tone down some of the rocks. Especially on the left as that will direct your eyes to the right.

Click here to see my gallery pages!

Email me at: fmcneillbarr@gmail.com for availability and/or information about having your own custom painting created. 

Click here to see what others say about my work!

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...