Saturday, December 29, 2007

Taylor Creek Again, Plein Air, Daily Painting by Fawn

"Taylor Creek Again"
(#4 in this series)
Acrylic on hardboard
8 x 10 inches
(ready to frame)
This is the same view of the levee as "Taylor Creek Too" which I did a few weeks ago. This time I zoomed in more and left out the big tree in the left foreground. I had set up farther away so the angle was a little different. This is a simple composition, yet it worked well for the birds I wanted to add. I added them this morning along with a few more details.
I saw pelicans, seagulls, egrets, cormorants, herons and a hawk! I settled for the egrets as they are so stunning. I love adding them to my paintings. We have small cattle egrets, snowy egrets, and great white egrets, all in different sizes. Then we have white ibis and the little blue herons that often turn white and look similar to egrets. I almost always see these beautiful birds while I am out painting, especially this time of year. Some stay all year, but the population increases three fold in the winter months.

Click here to see my gallery pages!

Email me at: fmcneillbarr@gmail.com for availability and/or information about having your own custom painting created. 

2 comments:

Tom Brown said...

Fawn,

I really like your loose, painterly style. Great work!

Tom Brown
http://tombrownfineart.blogspot.com/

Fawn McNeill Barr said...

Thanks Tom! This one reminded of your paintings with all the interesting trees!