Thursday, January 03, 2008

Snowy Egret, wildlife art by Fawn

"Snowy Egret"
24 x 30 inches
Acrylic on canvas
$1,200.00

This is a painting I started last year while I was still working at the high school. I am trying to finish up some of my older works so I can move on to new things.
This little egret is very flashy. He has bright yellow-orange feet and bright yellow around his eyes. I saw him land on these rocks and knew I had to paint him. I played up the contrast of the soft white feathers and the rough harsh rocks. I blurred out the background to make it have that oil painting look. Again I wanted to push the soft against the hard for contrast. I like the overall effect.

Click here to see my gallery pages!

Email me at: fmcneillbarr@gmail.com for availability and/or information about having your own custom painting created. 


Click here to see what others say about my work!

No comments: