Sunday, January 20, 2008

War Paint Abstract

"War Paint Abstract"
8 x 10 inches
Acrylic on hardboard
$400.00
(ready to frame)

This is my palette from the war paint orchids. Before I completely mucked up the whole palette I stopped using it and started a new one so this one would keep the colors of the orchids. I thought it would make a nice painting on its own!
I used Acra Violet and Acra Crimson, as well as Cadmium Red Medium. Next, I used Cadmium Yellow Light and Cadmium Yellow Medium along with Phthalo Green and Green Deep Permanent. I also used Ultrmarine Blue and of course white.
I used a brush to apply the paint to the canvas so in some places the colors got lost. Before it dried I used my palette knife to finish up the edges and join the colors where there were blank spaces. so besides being used as a palette it then also becomes a new painting. This is a fun way to experiment with color.



Click here to see my gallery pages!

Email me at: fmcneillbarr@gmail.com for availability and/or information about having your own custom painting created. 


Click here to see what others say about my work!

No comments: