Wednesday, February 13, 2008

Heaven's Harmony


"Heaven's Harmony"
6 x 6 inches
Acrylic on cradled hardboard
SOLD



My grandmother passed away this past week. I was thinking about heaven and wondering how happy she must be to see Grandpa again.


I started this painting as a simple abstract of warm analogous colors. Slowly the painting evolved into mountains and grass. Then I added the trees.


My grandmother loved the pine trees, and she loved the mountains. She saw beauty in everything, even things that I thought were so insignificant. She gave me a thirst for nature and it's grander. The deer would come down the hill behind her house and eat from her garden, and I would get up early so I could watch them with her. She wouldn't let me get to close to the patio window because she didn't want me to scare them away.


Click here to see my gallery pages!

Email me at: fmcneillbarr@gmail.com for availability and/or information about having your own custom painting created. 

Click here to see what others say about my work!

No comments: