Thursday, April 10, 2008

Lake Sunset, Plein Air Painting

"Lake Sunset"
6 x 8 inches
Acrylic on canvas panel
(ready to frame)

Stole an hour at sunset tonight. Rarely do I get to paint on location in the evening. In fact this is the first one I have done outside at sunset! The colors were so vibrant, I really didn't do it justice. But it felt good to get out there!
This is at Nubbin's Slough. The water is coming up some, but there is still a lot of land where it used to be all under water. It has been about a year and a half now that Lake Okeechobee has been so low. I added the birds when I got home.
Enjoy!

Click here to see my gallery pages!


Email me at: fmcneillbarr@gmail.com for availability and/or information about having your own custom painting created. 


Click here to see what others say about my work!

No comments: