Monday, May 05, 2008

Gardens Past, Plein air painting

"Gardens Past"
14 x 18 inches
Acrylic on canvas
(ready to frame)
$1,800.00

This is another older painting that never got to post because I painted it before I started blogging.
The sprinklers got turned on while I was painting this garden statue. Some of the paint ran and so I played it up and exaggerated the effect.
I am still working on murals, so my daily paintings are taking longer. I do still paint everyday, but I am not pushing myself to finish one everyday because I don't want to loose the quality I am used to achieving. I have a new small daily painting very close to being done. I worked on it this weekend, but I also had company, so I didn't get as many hours in as I would have liked.
The huge wall paintings are really kicking my butt! I am wonderfully exhausted. It is a mix of adrenaline, accomplishment, and sore achy body parts! "Luke's Tractor" should be done this week. I am getting paid extra to add lots of extra subject matter. I have even painted little Luke in the tractor! And his dog chasing a rabbit! Too much fun.

Click here for more original art and to see my gallery pages!

Email me at: fmcneillbarr@gmail.com for availability and/or information about having your own custom painting created. 

Click here for customer feed-back to see what others say about my work!

No comments: