Tuesday, May 13, 2008

Slow Passage, Morning Stream


"Slow Passage"
6 x 6 inches
Acrylic on canvas
NOT AVAILABLE


Just a fun little painting, thought I would try a limited palette this morning. It's alla prima. I started with different shades of blue. then added some yellow orange and tints of yellow, yielding many wonderful shades of green. Touches of purple went into some of the shadows. Finally, accents of red were used to set it all off! I love the feeling of atmosphere that the bluish hues convey.

I was thinking about how we slowly change, we slowly find the bright spots in life and see the wonders all around us. God just puts things in our path that encourages us to get beyond the negative thoughts and He leads us to His grace.

Nature has always been one of those things that brings me back to the positive thoughts and good memories in my life. Then I can be thankful again for the many good things in my life. Seems like we can easily let the hardships we have faced rob us of the joy that is ours for the taking.

Thanks for looking!




Email me at: fmcneillbarr@gmail.com for information about having something similar created, priced by size.

Click here for customer feed-back to see what others say about my work!


No comments: