Saturday, August 02, 2008

Green 2, analogous greens


"Green 2"
8 x 10 inches
Acrylic on hardboard
ready to frame


Not available



Analogous to green. Colors that are next to each other on the color wheel are called analogous. I stretched it some with the orange. (All of the colors should have something in common. Like yellow-green, green, and blue-green for example.)
This painting starts with blue-green and moves around the color wheel to green, yellow-green, yellow, and a touch of the compliment (red) or opposite color. The red and yellow-green made a nice orange color as they overlapped. Then of course, black and white are used for shadows and highlights.


This plant intrigued me because it was growing out of this old stump. It looks a lot like the spider lilies in my yard. I took photos of this at the botanical garden last year. It reminded me of an explosion of color! I darkened the background to set it off.

Thanks for looking!
Click here to see my gallery pages!

Email me at: fmcneillbarr@gmail.com for information about having your own custom painting created. 


Click here to see what others say about my work!


1 comment:

Art and Poetry said...

Hello
Your art is very nice I am looking for art blogs to link with, would you like a link?
My blog is:
www.art-by-nick-harvey.blogspot.com

Bye!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...