Tuesday, March 31, 2009

Tears

"Tears"


About This Painting:
For my Daily Painters 'out of the box' theme on Wed. Definitely something out of my comfort zone!
I have been working on this for a few weeks. It wasn't intended to be a self portrait, but I did use myself as a starting point, then I thinned out the eyebrows and plumped up the lips. I used thin layers of interesting color combinations, like orange and violet, or light blue in the shadows. I really like the colors.
Ready to frame.

Media: acrylic on hardboard
Size: 5 in X 7 in (12.7 cm X 17.8 cm)

Click here to see my gallery pages!


Email me at: fmcneillbarr@gmail.com for availability and/or information about having your own custom painting created. 

Click here to see what others say about my work!

3 comments:

naquaiya said...

Wow,this is really different for you.

Delilah said...

Great job with the tears.I have never tried any and you did such a good job.No need to cry over this one it is great.

Diana Moses Botkin said...

It's beautiful, Fawn; a very strong piece and well-rendered.