Tuesday, May 05, 2009

Flowers For Mom


"Flowers For Mom"


About This Painting:
My Daily Painters group is posting paintings for our monthly theme today, so it will show up on DP tomorrow. 'Celebrating Mothers' is the theme. I wanted to do something very bright with happy wishes for all moms!
This is a palette knife painting, which is so fun to create. The paint can be scraped out for thin transparent areas, and laid on very thick for tactile texture. I started with a thin yellow under painting, and decided to keep it and add white to it in the background. I just let the feelings pour out of me as I quickly threw green leaves all over the place. I wanted to get the feeling of growth and movement, so I off centered the leaves to emphasize that. Then I added the red roses for contrast. I love the way this one turned out. Thanks for stopping by!
HAPPY MOTHER'S DAY!
Ready to frame.

Media: acrylic on hardboard
Size: 8 in X 10 in (20.3 cm X 25.4 cm)
$550.00


Email me at: fmcneillbarr@gmail.com for availability and/or information about having your own custom painting created.

Click here for customer feed-back to see what others say about my work!

Enjoy!

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...