Wednesday, May 26, 2010

Storm Surf, palette knife painting of waves

"Storm Surf"

About This Painting:
This is a take off from "Life Line" but I wanted more greens and browns in the color scheme. Painted from memory.

I have some paintings in progress of cattle and wildlife, and they are very realistic with lots of detail, so they are taking a long time to complete. They have to dry between layers, and I get tired of the slow pace too. So now and then I find myself setting them aside to indulge in these palette knife paintings because they are so very expressive and move along much more quickly. My whole body gets to moving (I like to stand and really lay in thick amounts of paint). Not to mention how much fun it is to see the cool interactions of the thick wet paint!

Enjoy!

Ready to frame.

Media: acrylic on hardboard
Size: 12 in X 9 in (30.5 cm X 22.9 cm)
Price: $300 USD

To see more originals: click here to see my gallery page.

How to Purchase:

Buy this painting on PayPal
Price: $300 USD plus $12 USD s/h
Or, send me an email

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...