Monday, August 02, 2010

Double Again, double hibiscus flower

"Double Again"

About This Painting:
I have painted the flowers of this plant many times. They grow out by my driveway, and the bush produces red and orange flowers on the same plant. It is quite impressive as the whole plant will be covered in flowers most days. They rarely face upward like this one, as the weight of the flower pulls them down.

This is my first palette knife painting on Gallery Wrap (usually paint on hardboard for palette knife paintings.) I must say it is a very nice support for this technique! It holds lots of thick paint and texture!

Painting continues on sides, no frame needed.

Media: acrylic on gallery wrap canvas
Size: 20 in X 20 in (50.8 cm X 50.8 cm)
Price: $800 USD

To see more originals: click here to see my gallery page.

How to Purchase:
send me an email for availability.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...