Sunday, November 21, 2010

Abstract Hibiscus, sunlit flower

"Abstract Hibiscus"


About This Painting:
Thick brushstrokes, alla prima (painted in one session). Lively impressionistic painting. I like the distorted and abstract feeling this has. It is a take off of the one I did called "Out Front" which is quite realistic. I wanted to capture the light dancing around the leaves this time. Very fun to paint the whole thing all at once, gives it the wet-in-wet look of an oil painting.

Ready to frame.

Enjoy!

Media: acrylic on hardboard
Size: 12 in X 9 in (30.5 cm X 22.9 cm)
Price: $650 USD 

Click here for more original art and to see my gallery pages!

Email me at: fmcneillbarr@gmail.com for availability and/or information about having your own custom painting created. 

Click here for customer feed-back to see what others say about my work!

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...