Tuesday, November 16, 2010

Gentle Song Again, palette knife painting

"Gentle Song Again"



This is a smaller one from the same area as the 8x10 painting "Gentle Song" that I did a month or so ago. I wanted to blur the background a bit, and then try to get the rocks and water to show some areas in sunlight and some in shadow.

This painting is all about contrast. I like the contrast of the light and dark values, but the cool and warm tones make a different kind of contrast too. I am also intrigued by the contrast of the flowing and moving water against the harsh rocks. The palette knife lends itself well to the abstract look of the rocks, and it emphasizes the movement in the water too.

Thanks for looking!

Ready to frame.

Media: acrylic on hardboard
Size: 5 in X 7 in (12.7 cm X 17.8 cm)
Price: $150 USD Free Shipping in the US


Click here to see my gallery pages!

Email me at: fmcneillbarr@gmail.com for availability and purchasing information or about having a custom painting created. Prices are by size.

Click here to read what customers say about my work.
Thanks for looking!

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...