Wednesday, July 27, 2011

Green Parrot, bird portrait

"Green Parrot"




Originally a study in analogous greens with a compliment of red.


I drew this guy freehand, then did an under painting in black and white. Corrected quite a few errors as I painted the under painting. Then I went in with green and red glazes. I use Liquitex semi-gloss medium and varnish to thin the paint, after the under painting is dry. The thin layers of glaze makes him glow! Adding the red tuft by his beak was the best part because it draws your attention close to his eye. I also enjoyed the ruffled feathers.


Thanks for looking!



Ready to frame.

Media: acrylic on canvas
Size: 8 in X 10 in (20.3 cm X 25.4 cm)
Price: $725 USD


(created in August of 2008)


Click here to see my gallery pages!

Email me at: fmcneillbarr@gmail.com for availability and purchasing information or about having a custom painting created. Prices are by size.

Click here to read what customers say about my work.


Thanks for stopping by!




1 comment:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...