Wednesday, September 07, 2011

Mountain Music, palette knife, lake landscape


"Mountain Music"


I did a unit on Monet with my kids summer art class. So this demo was originally done in short choppy brush strokes, very similar to Monet's style. I liked the colors and wanted to finish it, but I wanted the mountains bigger and more rugged so I could add snow to them. Used a painting knife and started with the sky, and re-worked the whole thing just for the fun of it. I thought I would make it very abstract, but as I worked it became more and more detailed. A little of my obsessive quality shining through I suppose!


Enjoy!


Ready to frame.


Media: acrylic on hardboard

Size: 12 in X 9 in (30.5 cm X 22.9 cm)

Price: $250 USD

How to Purchase: Please email me at fmcneillbarr@gmail.com for availability

Click here to see my gallery pages!

No comments: