Saturday, January 21, 2012

Rocky Edge, bushes on a rocky shore

"Rocky Edge"



I was attracted to the contrast of the cold rocks against the warm glow in the little bushes. I also like the harsh edges of the rocks against the soft feeling of the water.


Trying some new techniques. This is a watercolor painting, done with many layers of professional color on acid-free paper. Had to start over completely because the colors are not easy to control and I lost the bright highlights in the first attempt.

Enjoy!

~ Watercolor
~ 7 x 9 inches
~ Matted to 11 x 14 inches
~ Ready to Frame
~ $225.00

Please email me for availability: fawn@fawnartstudio.com 



On a personal note: I have been teaching more classes and painting less these days. I am also working on updating all my info as I have a new website and new gallery pages. I didn't realize that I have around 800 posts to update! Wow, that amazes me!


Also, I want to thank all of my followers and collectors who have encouraged me over these past five years! It has been a great journey for me. 

No comments: