Thursday, October 24, 2013

Unclaimed Trophy, bass catching a dragonfly


"Unclaimed Trophy"

Actually painted this a couple of years ago.  Could not get the photography of the painting to come close to the painting, but this image is very close to the original.  (Of course monitors vary from computer to computer, but it should be a close representation. ) 

This was a very challenging commissioned piece.  I took pictures of my husband's stuffed trophy fish (he has 3 on the wall) to get the main idea, but I wanted the tail to flip, so I had to draw several sketches before I got it just right.   I also used pictures I had taken of our many trips out on Lake Okeechobee to add the lily pads. took me a few weeks just to get the composition drawn up on sketching paper! I free-handed it onto the canvas once I knew what I wanted.

 I have painted things under the water, but this was a first for something jumping up out of the water!  The splash and spray would get much to much and I had to take it out and try again.  In the end I decided I liked the effect and finally left it as it is. 

I have just made this image available in greeting cards and prints!
Click here for prints and greeting cards of this painting.



Size: 14 x 18 inches
Medium: Acrylic on Canvas
original painting: SOLD

Click here to see my gallery pages!

Email me at: fmcneillbarr@gmail.com for information about having your own custom painting created. 


Click here to see what others say about my work!


No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...