Wednesday, November 02, 2016

Rocky Edge, shore line,watercolor


"Rocky Edge"
© Fawn McNeill 2012

What captured my attention?  The negative spaces and contrasts for sure, but originally I was attracted to the cool color temperatures in the rocks playing against the warm glow in the little bushes. I also love the contrast of the hard rocks against the soft water.  
 I love it when life grows in the middle of hard places.  Somehow the plants overcome the lack of soil, and they grow anyway.  Kind of like people from a cold hard life who turn out to be dynamic and inspirational even when they had very little help along the way.

This is an original watercolor painting, done with many layers of professional color on acid-free paper. 

Enjoy!

~ Watercolor
~ 7 x 9 inches
~ Matted to 11 x 14 inches
~ Ready to Frame
~ $225.00

Please email me for availability: fawn@fawnartstudio.com 


Related posts:



No comments: