Wednesday, July 18, 2007

Sunny Days, Impressionism Flowers,Daily Painting

"Sunny Days"
9 x 12 inches
Acrylic on gessoed board
SOLD

I love the almost abstract feel to this little painting. I wanted to make one of the dandelions look like a kid's sun in the corner of their picture. Even my high school students wanted to paint the sun in the corner of their pictures! It drove me crazy trying to explain why that isn't such a good idea: on top of a green sky when they added the blue near the yellow sun, we had very silly cartoon looking suns in the corner of a very nice landscape! So here is to my kids! Smile.

Click here to see my gallery pages!

Email me at: fmcneillbarr@gmail.com for availability and/or information about having your own custom painting created. 


Click here to see what others say about my work! 

5 comments:

Madison Moore said...

Really nice Fawn...beautiful.

bj said...

I remember the sun paintings my daughter did. Beautiful painting, indeed! And thanks for the memories.

Fawn McNeill Barr said...

Thank you! I had so much fun painting it too.

Anonymous said...

Very beautiful ! I love this painting because when I was young child my great-parents had the sames into their garden and my heart remenber them (excuse-me for the langage, I'm french)
If you remenber me tell me it.

Fawn McNeill Barr said...

Thanks Virgile,
This is one of those paintings that makes me remember my grandmother and her flowers too.