Wednesday, September 03, 2008

Quenching the Darts, palette knife painting

Quenching the Darts"
10 x 10 inches
Acrylic on hardboard
framing is optional, sides are painted
There is a lot of back ground and life stories that go with this, so I will try to keep it short.
Life has always thrown hardships my way: The death of my father as a young child, abuse from step fathers, moving every year, running away as a teenager, and foster homes for three years. I thought as an adult I could make life good, be a good person, and live a "normal life"-- whatever that is. But life continued to throw more hardships my way: a husband that lied and cheated and ran off with another woman after thirteen years of giving it my all (leaving me with two sons to raise), a second husband that abused me (whom I divorced after a year and a half) and now in the midst of finally living my dreams and being a professional artist -- I find my self in a world of doubt, strife and unbelief. My husband is very old school, and I have to fight for my rights on a regular basis. he has been ill lately, and taking his frustration out on me verbally. Sometimes I just want to give up altogether and run away. (Which helps me understand my mother and her frequent moves to a new state or even to an island in the pacific!)
Anyway, back to the painting, this started as a release of pent up anger at my husband, whose quick temper is hard for me to deal with sometimes. Next I saw an angel begin to form, but the wings began to look like a dove, the symbol of peace, and I knew it was me in agony on my knees, again. "How do I stay positive when all the world is so negative?" Sometimes I just can't stop the tears. So this painting poured out of my wounded soul. I have always found hope on my knees.

In the Bible it says to put on God's armor:
His peace, His helmet of salvation, His righteousness . . . so you can quench all the fiery darts of the wicked one, for our battle is not against flesh and blood, but against the powers of darkness in high places.
(Ephesians 6)

Click here for more original art and to see my gallery pages!

Email me at: fmcneillbarr@gmail.com for availability and/or information about having your own custom painting created. 

Click here for customer feed-back to see what others say about my work!

Thanks for stopping by!

2 comments:

Art and Poetry said...

Great painting!!

Fawn McNeill Barr said...

Thanks!