Thursday, March 26, 2009

Mama's Girl, Cow with calf


"Mama's Girl"



About This Painting:
I really like the strong temperature contrasts: the cool blues tones against the warm browns. I wanted to keep the loose brush strokes so it would have an impressionistic look, yet I wanted it to be realistic too. It is hard to get both affects. I think I was successful.

The breeding is an Italian breed, called Romagnola. This is Joshua Mixon's new calf, and I used his photograph, by permission, to paint her.

The painting continues on the sides so framing is optional.

Media: acrylic on canvas
Size: 10 in X 8 in (25.4 cm X 20.3 cm)
SOLD


Click here for more original art and to see my gallery pages!

Email me at: fmcneillbarr@gmail.com for availability and/or information about having your own custom painting created. 

Click here for customer feed-back to see what others say about my work!

3 comments:

Debbie said...

You have beautiful cows, too! Hard to resist painting their babies this time of year. Really nice job!!!

JEANNE ILLENYE said...

Stunning work!!! Love the title, too! It's so nice that you present these lovely creatures as God intended, living a serene existence without fear of mankind's negative effect on their demise. These cows are charming and sweet, wanting only the warmth of sunshine, healthy grasses upon which to graze and the shade of a tree under which to rest. Delightful. Love it! Jeanne

Fawn McNeill Barr said...

Thank you both so much! I have been taking lots of pictures of angus calves, but when I saw this photo of Joshua's new calf I fell in love with it!