Friday, March 20, 2009

Valley Floor, Mountain stream


"Valley Floor"

About This Painting:
Started this painting from a demonstration. Then I went back and moved some things around. I was just playing around, got carried away with the rocky cliff and the rocky creek.

I remember the water feeling like ice in Montana. Can't even put my toes in it now when I go back to visit, I can't imagine how we swam in it when we were kids! My friends and I would dam up an area with rocks, taking the ones from where we wanted it deeper, and moving them onto the dam. Had to choose a good spot for it: where the water was already close to knee-deep. We would get the water up to chest high or so within an hour or two, but we had to get out and warm up from time to time.
So many of us are going through hard times these days. I was thinking about the valleys of life. Sometimes you find good things in the valley too.
Ready to frame.

Media: acrylic on hardboard
Size: 12 in X 9 in (30.5 cm X 22.9 cm)
Price: $375.00 USD


Email me at: fmcneillbarr@gmail.com for availability and/or information about having your own custom painting created.



Enjoy!


No comments: