Friday, September 25, 2009

Dawning Desire, orange roses


"Dawning Desire"

About This Painting:
This is a commissioned piece. This is the last in a series of roses. Each one has symbolism in the meaning of the rose and in the colors. For example the color yellow stands for joy, and the yellow rose is for friendship. The color purple is for mystery and the unknown, or spiritual realms. So the yellow rose on a purple back ground was called "Enchanting Joy!"
My client has to be given credit for these ideas. He has challenged me and we have come up with a whole series of wonderful roses!
An orange rose is for new directions, a new job, a graduation, the beginning of a relationship, etc... and blue is for calm or peace, so 'Dawning Desire" is about the anticipation of good things.
I have really enjoyed this series!
Thanks for stopping by!

Size: 9 x 12 inches
Media: acrylic on hardboard
Sold

Email me at: fmcneillbarr@gmail.com for availability and/or information about having your own custom painting created. I can do something similar in a size you would like.

Click here for customer feed-back to see what others say about my work!

Enjoy!

No comments: