Monday, June 07, 2010

Crossing Over, stone bridge, palette knife painting

"Crossing Over"
About This Painting:

This began as a lesson for my students in Fort Pierce a few months ago. It has sat around, unfinished, waiting for me to "touch it up." Well, I have been doing a lot more palette knife paintings lately, so I had to repaint the whole thing to get the affect I wanted. But it really does make great textures for the stones. The water was just a given, always love the way the palette knife adds sparkle to water.

I titled this painting "Crossing Over" to give it a spiritual connotation: crossing over a difficult time, letting go of past hurts, forgiving a life long grudge, accepting a new job, finding hope and joy again, or even leaving this earthly tent for our true home . . . Whatever you want it to mean.....
Thanks for taking the time to stop by!
Comes ready to frame.

Media: acrylic on hardboard
Size: 12 in X 9 in (30.5 cm X 22.9 cm)

Click here to see more original art and my gallery pages, (prints and many new gift items available with my art on them!

 Email me at: fmcneillbarr@gmail.com for availability or information about having your own custom painting created! (Animal portraits, kids with pets or livestock, homesteads, inspirational art, etc... )  Price list by size.

Thanks for stopping by!

Click here for customer feed-back to see what others say about my work!  



No comments: