Tuesday, January 31, 2012

Art Show




Had a rough start, spilled coffee all over my shirt first thing in the morning, before the show began. Can you believe that I didn't even think to bring an extra one? Will have to add that to my list for next year......


Anyway, I went in the bathroom to take off the outer shirt thinking I would leave my white tank shirt on that I had underneath..... But the worst of the coffee was on the undershirt. So I took off both shirts and rinsed as much of the stains out as I could, and wore the cold and wet shirt (on my right side) that you see in the picture above. Then I hung the white tank-top shirt up in my car.


I did have a jacket I wore for a little while. Thank Goodness I wasn't set up out in the cold windy morning!


How embarrassing!


The rest of the day went well, and I even won a ribbon. It is not a first place, or is it? It is called The Parrish award, in honor of Grady Parrish, who selected an artist each year for environmental awareness in their art. It came with a nice cash prize as well, so I was happy!


Back to the studio!

3 comments:

Kim Vanlandingham said...

Congratulations! Well deserved!

Rene' said...

Bless your heart. It looks like you did the best you could under the circumstances. And getting the blue ribbon and cash had to have been worth it in the end. (Blue ribbons' are considered first place).

Fawn McNeill Barr said...

That is what they said too, but It wasn't like a first in my catagory or anything.....kind of odd to me.

I sold an angel book is all, no paintings, so that was odd too....not nearly as good as last year.

I did see some old friends, that was the best part of the day!