Monday, August 20, 2012

Tootsie, horse portrait, equine art


"Tootsie"

This is a portrait of a filly I did for a friend of mine.  Tootsie was a yearling for this pose.  I added a better background and really enjoyed creating the details of fur and hair.  Love her expressive eyes too. 



Media: acrylic on canvas
Size: 11 x 14 inches

Only available in cards or prints.  Click here  for information about  various sizes and purchasing info.


Click here
 to see my gallery pages!

Email me at: fmcneillbarr@gmail.com for information about having a custom painting created. Priced by size. I can work from your photos or mine. I also do wildlife, homesteads, ranches, etc....

Click here to read what customers say about my work.

Thanks for stopping by!







2 comments:

Unknown said...

Fawn, that is an absolutely sublime equine painting. The snowdrop is perfect, and I see what you mean about the expression in the eyes.
I assume Tootsie was a female?
I enjoy acrylics but I'm absolutely hopeless with equestrian or anything equine.

Fawn McNeill Barr said...

Thank you! yes, she is female. (a filly is a female foal and colt is a male foal. Most people get these three terms mixed up!)