Thursday, January 04, 2007

Down Stream, Daily Painting,Impressionism, Landscape




"Down Stream"
9 x 12 inches
Acrylic on hardboard

Sold


This started out to be a landscape with very little water. I was using only the secondary colors (a triad color scheme) to begin with. But as I got farther away from the original idea I turned the painting up-side-down; the loose brush work just looked more like water than trees! So I began to play around with more intense contrast and more detail above the water and added water lines to break up the reflections further. I also added extra colors and let the painting take its course. I love the abstract look of the reflections against the realistic foliage.

Click here to see my gallery pages!

Email me at: fmcneillbarr@gmail.com for availability and/or information about having your own custom painting created. 

2 comments:

naquaiya said...

Wow, this is beautiful. Looks like such a wonderful place. I want to be there.

Fawn McNeill Barr said...

Thank you Michele, This is up on Arbuckle Creek, near Sebring, FL.

If you are ever out this way I would love to take you there!