"Storm Billows Roll"
© Fawn McNeill 2025
Sunlight breaks through the storm and gives hope for better things. Imagining our glorious forever home with Jesus is the light for me.
(This post is from September last year. I am moving it from the blog on my website to this blog.)
Years ago, one of my instructors at FAU told me, "It's not about painting how you feel, but what you want others to feel. What do you want to emote? Can you make others feel it whether you feel it or not?"
For years I have been celebrating bright colors and joy in my paintings. Before that I did many serious and moody paintings with rainy backdrops to symbolize tears. Then I decided I wanted to bring joy to this dark world and break away from realism and restrictions. So, I did a series of bright palette knife paintings with angels for thoughts of a better place. From there I experimented with fun mixed media pieces.
Creating art was always my way to cope. Worshiping My Creator and reliving beautiful memories gave me peace of mind and calmed my soul.
After my son, Kyle passed, I have struggled at most things, especially painting. I still play my worship music, still focus on the positive things and good memories, and try to work through the tears that overwhelm me.
But I am not happy with the paintings and get frustrated easily and sometimes have a temper tantrum if I don't back away from the easel. Needless to say, some ended up painted over with gray or were thrown in the trash. (Not proud of that, but it felt good at the time. Like a spoiled brat I guess.)
Well, my answer to my instructor at FAU is "no." For now, I can't. I have decided to get my feeling out if it helps me heal. Let the tears flow, be honest and accept this difficult season of my life as I learn how to live again.
~ Original acrylic on stretched canvas
~ 8 x 10 inches
~ Elegant Silver frame (the frame is more silver than the image below shows)
~ $450.00
~ email me for availability: fawn@fawnsartstudio.com


No comments:
Post a Comment