Saturday, June 30, 2007

Nubbin's Gator, Plein Air, Impressionism

"Nubbin's Gator"
8 x 10 inches
Acrylic on canvas board
$650.00

This gator is one of about five that live around Nubbin's Slough. He (or she?) is very large, at least 12 feet. He came out of the water and took a large fish up on shore and tossed it up in the air to align it and swallowed it whole! Then a little later he swam very quickly to the shore and caught a large bird before it could get away! I was stunned that the bird didn't see him. Scary!
I tried to show part of his tail in the water as he kept surfacing and you could see it -- often all you see is the head.

Click here to see my gallery pages!

Email me at: fmcneillbarr@gmail.com for availability and/or information about having your own custom painting created. 

Click here to see what others say about my work!


1 comment:

Diana Moses Botkin said...

Nice feel to this piece!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...