Saturday, June 09, 2007

Up the Creek 4, Palette Knife Painting, Impressionism Landscape

"Up the Creek, 4"
8 x 10 inches
(ready to frame)
Acrylic on canvas covered hardboard

This painting is the forth in a series from Arbuckle Creek.



This was one of those paintings I just kept struggling with. I learned that I do not like a canvas mounted on hardboard for a knife painting. If I had known, then I may have sanded it down and gessoed it with a colored primer, or not used it for a knife painting at all. Oh well, this is how we learn! I did end up using the brush for the boat and some of the branches. I thought I might add birds or someone fishing, but I don't think I am up to working on it again. It took me three tries as it is, and I like the final result.

Click here to see my gallery pages!

Email me at: fmcneillbarr@gmail.com for availability and/or information about having your own custom painting created. 


Click here to see what others say about my work!

No comments: