Wednesday, September 24, 2008

The Sabbath, wildlife, great egret


"The Sabbath"
12 x 16 inches
Acrylic on canvas
ready to frame



I started out with too many colors, and nothing would come together. So I took a little breather and slowed down. Then I put on some worship music and thanked God for all the blessings in my life. Then the painting came together and it felt like Sunday worship service. It was as if God showed up and took my hand and showed me the way. I love it when He does that!




The Sabbath means a day of rest. Saturday or Sunday for most, but if you take your day off in the middle of week that is good too, as long as you give yourself a day of rest! God knew we needed that or we would get to run down.
Some people still get hung up on the old laws, but Jesus only gave us two commandments, To love the Father with all your being and to love each other!!!!

For more on this topic go to my Random Thoughts.


Thanks for looking!

Click here for more original art and to see my gallery pages!

Email me at: fmcneillbarr@gmail.com for availability and/or information about having your own custom painting created. 

Click here for customer feed-back to see what others say about my work!

No comments: