Tuesday, May 19, 2009

Letting Go, palette knife abstract


"Letting Go"

About This Painting:

This palette knife painting started as a color study. It soon became a metaphor for inner struggles. I sensed the pull in my soul to hang onto things that people have done and said that hurt me, and I felt the release when I let go and forgave them. I am learning to do this right away, and not let it build over time.

This abstract painting is symbolic in many ways. The movement of the paint represents moving on, getting free from things that keep us from joy. The red and orange colors are for anger and heat, and the dark purple and black are for spiritual death that we find in unforgiveness. The white is the way of escape that Father God is always faithful to provide.

The cool colors at the bottom are the streams of refreshing we find in letting go.


By forgiving others, even when they do not ask for it, we can let go of offenses and not become resentful, which only hurts us, not them.

Ready to frame

Media: acrylic on hard board
Size: 6 in X 6 in (15.2 cm X 15.2 cm)
$375.00


Email me at: fmcneillbarr@gmail.com for availability and/or information about having your own custom painting created.

Click here for customer feed-back to see what others say about my work!

Enjoy!

No comments: