Monday, May 04, 2009

Painted Paint, A paint horse up close

"Painted Paint"
About This Painting:
This was inspired by Kathy Papasso's painting called "Bull's Eye" which I have always thought was an exceptional painting (see my side-bar for her work).

I wanted to capture the texture and close feel of the fur, but the eyes quickly took over to become the focal point. I used two pictures of Paint Horses, and two of Thoroughbreds for references. Then I free handed the drawing onto the canvas before I began painting it. It has taken over a month to finish it.


Media: acrylic on canvas
Size: 16 in X 12 in (40.6 cm X 30.5 cm)
SOLD

Click here to see my gallery pages!

Email me at: fmcneillbarr@gmail.com for availability or information about having your own custom painting created. 


Click here to see what others say about my work!


Thanks for stopping by!

2 comments:

PAT MEYER -- said...

Fabulous! I own several horses and it is a great way to project there personalities. You captured the eye and fur. PatMeyerdailypainter.blogspot.com

Fawn McNeill Barr said...

Thank you Pat!