Saturday, June 18, 2011

Monet's Cliffs, impressionism seascape demo

"Monet's Cliffs"

My kid's class choose this for our focus on art history, we didn't have time to add the women or more sailboats....but it was still very fun to challenge my students with a new way to paint. Some of them did not care for it at all and went back and smoothed out all the brush stokes! Others loved it and added more thick paint and broken strokes. I only gave them primary colors (plus white and black), so they had to add a little blue to the yellow to get shades of green, and I didn't let them mix the colors first, they had to mix it on the painting by overlapping the brush strokes! After a while some of my kids started mixing it first anyway. I laughed and told them that was fine, at least they tried it.....



Ready to frame.

Media: acrylic on hardboard
Size: 12 in X 9 in (30.5 cm X 22.9 cm)
Price: $250.00 Plus Shipping


Email me at: fmcneillbarr@gmail.com for availability and purchasing information or about having a custom painting created. Prices are by size.

Click here to read what customers say about my work.

Thanks for stopping by!



1 comment:

Kim Vanlandingham said...

Great exercise for them!