Wednesday, June 29, 2011

Ends of the Earth, abstract sunset landscape

"Ends of the Earth"


Actually was inspired by my palette, the colors are arranged all around the edges with white in the middle, so it looks almost like a rainbow at times. I began with yellow, orange, and red first, then added some white. Then I worked around to greens and blues, and finally added the violet. Then I found myself adding water, and foliage, of sorts. The purple hues remind me of a shore line. This painting has wonderful texture from the wet in wet applications with a palette knife.

Enjoy!

Ready to frame.
Media: acrylic on hardboard
Size: 7 in X 5 in (17.8 cm X 12.7 cm)
Price: $275.00 

Click here to see my gallery pages!

Email me at: fmcneillbarr@gmail.com for availability and purchasing information or about having a custom painting created. Prices are by size.

Click here to read what customers say about my work.

No comments: