Tuesday, January 08, 2019

Eternal Joy, angel, butterflies, mixed media painting


"Eternal Joy"

        This is inspired from a small painting I did years ago called "Endless Song".  This one is less abstract, and the colors are lighter.  I used thick gesso to build up the hair, wings, and plants for an impasto feel.  Also added beads to the headband and the belt, as well as on the gown.  The 3 metal butterflies were the most fun, because they fit so well with the colors I had already painted.  It is like a nice surprise when you see them. Adding a little iridescent paint on the wings, gown and above the head gives it a nice shimmer. When the painting is viewed at different angles, some things really catch your eye.
      Can't explain how tickled I was when I added the extras, I felt like a kid.  I played with  many combinations until finally I was satisfied with this layout.  The butterflies actually made me laugh! 

Original Art, 
11 x 14 inches
Mixed Media on Hardboard
$425.00 (plus shipping)
Elaborate custom gold frame, see below




Email me: fawn@fawnsartstudio.com  for availability or information about having something similar created.  Price list by size.

Thanks for stopping by!



Happy New Year!




No comments: