Thursday, November 19, 2020

Star of the Sea, shore line, mixed media


 "Star of the Sea"
© Fawn McNeill 2020

Absolutely love this piece!  A little harder to put together, but well worth the extra effort!  I painted the outside edges and the back of the tray.   I also added a wire on the back if someone wanted to hang it on a wall instead of setting it on a shelf or table.  

Most of the objects were found at the beach, except the starfish. I found it at Walmart, all bleached white.  I painted it the colors I wanted.  Before adding it to the tray, I used a painting knife with gel medium to build up interesting textures in the sand and the water.  Then I added different shades of colors to get the textures to show up better.

Enjoy!

Exclusive Art
Original Handcrafted
Mixed Media
8.5 x 11 x 2.5 inches
$225.00 plus shipping




Email me: fawn@fawnsartstudio.com  for availability.

No comments: