Friday, February 13, 2009

Be Mine, heart shaped diamond


"Be Mine"


About This Painting:
I actually painted this gem before I painted "Be Mine Again" a few days ago. But I didn't want to post this one until today, so it will show up on my DP page tomorrow, for Valentines.

This was a fun and special painting because it is symbolic of my engagement ring. I exaggerated the colors and set it all off on red.

Robert asked me to marry him on Valentine's Day nine years ago. We were walking at sunset down at the lake, as we so often did. He told me that of all the women he had known I was the only one he wanted to spend his whole life with. He had already picked out two or three rings, and we went a few days later to choose which one I wanted. The large heart shaped diamond was his first choice, so of course it was my choice too! It is a wonderful reminder of that special day.
Happy Valentine's Day!

Media: acrylic on cradled hardboard
Size: 6 in X 6 in (15.2 cm X 15.2 cm)
Sides are painted, framing is optional.


Email me at: fmcneillbarr@gmail.com for availability and/or information about having your own custom painting created.

Click here for customer feed-back to see what others say about my work!

Enjoy!

No comments: