Sunday, February 01, 2009

Grounded, equine art


"Grounded"

I took some photos of this mare and foal a couple of years ago. I have wanted to paint them ever since. So I finally got to it! I was attracted to the morning's back-lighting, which added tremendously to the sense of wonder that the foal seemed to have.

Ready to frame

Size: 8 x 10 inches
Media: acrylic on canvas
SOLD

Click here for more original art and to see my gallery pages!

Email me at: fmcneillbarr@gmail.com for availability and/or information about having your own custom painting created. 

Click here for customer feed-back to see what others say about my work!




2 comments:

Debbie said...

OK - so who's the horse painter now!!!??? LOL Beautiful work - you captured the light wonderfully. Makes me want to get my mare bred again and have another baby!

Fawn McNeill Barr said...

It's ME!!! I used to paint lots of horses, you just reminded me how much I enjoyed it . . .Thanks!!!!!