Sunday, November 04, 2007

Freedom, Plein Air Lanscape by Fawn

"Freedom"
8 x 10 inches
Acrylic on hardboard

After doing laundry, running errands, grocery shopping, etc . . . I started to do some yard work in the early afternoon. But I got my priorities straight this time and pulled out my easel first! It was just too perfect: nice cool breeze, bright sunshine, and a perfect view in the shade. This is the first time in 6 or 7 months that it has been cool enough to paint past noon.

I live next door to the Freedom Ranch, south of Okeechobee city, and this is one of the great views I have of their ranch. Down the long driveway you will find an open-air church among horses, cows, and dogs. Quite an interesting place.
After I did this painting I got busy and did some yard work too. Just wanted to pull a few weeds, but my husband cut down a tree, and had me hauling off branches . . . Am I glad I painted first!


Email me at: fmcneillbarr@gmail.com for availability and/or information about having your own custom painting created.  

No comments: