Tuesday, February 26, 2008

Shore Bird, tricolored heron,daily painting

"Shore Bird"
8 x 10 inches
Acrylic on canvas board
(Canvas mounted on hardboard)
(Ready to frame)


This is actually a painting I did quite a while ago as a monochrome. I wanted to try some thin glazes over the top and experiment with different effects. But when I was done playing around with that I wasn't happy with the results. The water was too brilliant and too colorful and the heron was no longer the focus. So I went back and painted the colors in with thick paint until I got the balance I was after.
I had a great weekend at the Okeechobee Top of the Lake Art Fest. Sold lots of paintings, won a second place ribbon, and met so many interesting people!
Thanks for looking!




Email me at: fmcneillbarr@gmail.com for availability and/or information about having your own custom painting created. 

Click here to see what others say about my work! 

No comments: