Tuesday, April 05, 2011

Summer Sunset, lake demo landscape

"Summer Sunset"


Fun little demonstration for one of my art classes last week. It was a study on trees and water. I darkened the shadows and added more detail yesterday.

Many of my demos end up sanded down and painted over so I can re-use the board for the next class, but sometimes they just need a little more time and detail to be a very nice finished piece. I have started using my professional paints and materials when I do demos, instead of the student grade paints and supports. This gives me the option to touch them up and offer them for sale, or use them for fund-raisers and gifts.

Ready to frame.

Media: acrylic on hardboard

Size: 9 in X 12 in (22.9 cm X 30.5 cm)



Click here to see my gallery pages!

Email me at: fmcneillbarr@gmail.com for availability and purchasing information or about having a custom painting created. Prices are by size.

Click here to read what customers say about my work.

Thanks for looking!

2 comments:

Kim Vanlandingham said...

I do the same thing for painting demos/class. I re-use canvas to save money. I'm glad you didn't paint over this one. It's beautiful!!

Fawn McNeill Barr said...

Thanks!