Monday, October 10, 2011

Garments of Praise, azalea flower

"Garments of Praise"




About This Painting:



Started as a simple monochromatic study in watercolors. Used only magenta, and a touch of black in the darkest shadows. The white of the paper creates the highlights and value changes. This was very time consuming and tedious, as I got lost in all the detail. This one turned into a very complicated project before it was over!



I love the contrast, not just in the values, but also in the abstract quality of the background against the very realistic petals of the flower. Makes it demand your attention.



The original is sold, but I would love to create something similar for you! I price my custom orders by size, and can use colors of your choice. Email me at: fmcneillbarr@gmail.com for more info.




Click here for this painting in customizable greeting cards and/or posters and prints.



Media: watercolor on acid free paper
Size: 22 in X 15 in (55.9 cm X 38.1 cm)




Thanks for looking!


Click here to see my gallery pages!

No comments: