Thursday, September 23, 2021

Fluffy, bunny portrait, knife painting


"Fluffy"


This is a take off of "Peter" which I did years ago.
I thought I would add mixed media and thick layers of impasto, but I stopped here because I really liked it and didn't want to mess it up by adding too much.  It is much harder to undo mixed media than it is to change knife paintings.

I apologize for the glare on the images. I usually do my photography with a professional camera, but these were taken with my cell phone, because they were spoken for before I had a chance to get a better capture. The glare is in a different place on each image, so you can get a good overall idea.  (Images never capture the way it truly looks in person because the camera can't capture the subtle changes in values and hues.)

I made the little custom frame for it.  I mitered, joined and then embellished it.  I love the little bit of gold lace on the inside lip.  It adds a nice texture and enhances the painting too.

6 x 6 inches
Knife painting
Not Available 

Email me if you would like a portrait of your pet or livestock: fawn@fawnsartstudio.com

Click here to see more




 

No comments: