Saturday, September 08, 2018

Rocky Shore, plein air, birds


"Rocky Shore"  
Fawn McNeill © 2007



I recently repainted part of this older plein air painting.  (Done on location.) 

The water level was very low, and the rocks made interesting patterns. It was challenging, to say the least!  


The little blue heron stayed off to the far right most of the morning, and just before I finished up, the water turkey (anhinga) poked his head up a few times (near the bottom).


I loved all the colors and the rhythm in this painting, but I went back and toned down some of the rocks, mostly on the left and a little near the top, in order to direct the viewer's eye toward the bird on the right. 


8 x 10 inches
Acrylic on hardboard
$325.00, ready to frame


Email me: fawn@fawnsartstudio.com  for availability 


Thanks for stopping by!


Click here for customer feed-back to see what others say about my work!   

No comments: