Wednesday, September 05, 2018

Flaming Sunset, poinciana, impasto, Florida Art


"Flaming Sunset"

These royal poinciana trees are gorgeous, and really over painted.  Not hard to see why. 
I found this old palette knife painting that needed a few more corrections (it has sat around my studio for a year or so).  I have done a lot of these, so I wanted to do something a little different this time. I built it up with gesso and impasto effects, so the raised flowers really jump off the painting! Very interesting texture and color contrast.

Original Acrylic, on hardboard
9 x 12
Sold
Framed (see below)


Email me: fawn@fawnsartstudio.com  for availability or information about having your own custom painting created! (Animal portraits, kids with pets or livestock, homesteads, inspirational art, etc...)  
Price list by size.

Thanks for stopping by!


Click here for customer feed-back to see what others say about my work!   


No comments: